Vancouver, BC CA
Are you a Lead Animator interested in working with us in our Vancouver studio?! The Lead Animator role involves motivating and leading a team of animators, working closely with the Animation Supervisor and Director to realize their vision, while ensuring the standard and quality of the animation produced is consistently high.
What you'll get to do:
• Provide leadership, direction and allocation of work to the animators within your team
• Establish and maintain an appropriate level of communication with all crew members and ensure they are properly supported and mentored
• When required, produce high quality animation in line with the Directors creative vision
• Become proficient with the departments propriety tools
• Understand the processes of adjoining departments and communicate with these departments as needed
• Understand the overall brief and goals of a project and communicate this clearly to each member of the team
• Delegate work responsibly to ensure successful completion of shots across team members of all skill levels
• Drive team reviews and, when appropriate, offer creative/technical feedback on reviewed shots
• Work with the Animation Supervisor and the production team to prepare bids and pitches as required
• Prioritize and break down a project into organized parts
What you bring:
• 10+ years' Animation experience in feature animation, VFX and/or animated television
• Proven leadership experience within feature animation or VFX
• Proven ability to produce feature film quality character animation in a range of styles demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
• A deep knowledge of animation techniques and a proficiency in Maya, within a feature film animation pipeline preferred
• Deep understanding of traditional animation techniques and the principles of character performance such as posing, staging, timing, acting and storytelling techniques
• A deep understanding of anatomy, movement and basic real world physics and their application for animation
• Have an ''eye'' for the nuances of a believable action
• Understand department pipelines including all assets and tools, and their purpose
• A knowledge of rigging and pipeline to help direct any technical changes
• Recognised post-secondary qualification in animation, film or related field preferable
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills working with production and other departments as required
• Ability to effectively work, communicate and provide feedback with all personality types
• Have the ability to listen and be open to all feedback given and apply this to shots moving forward; anticipating the supervisors/ directors preference in accordance to the style of the project
• Enthusiasm, positivity, initiative and talent coupled with an understanding for taking direction and performing tasks to the individual's best abilities
• Be detail orientated, balanced with a strong technical understand to quality control each shot in a sequence
• Ability to multitask, prioritise and balance workloads to achieve deadlines within a team environment
• Open to new workflows and tool sets
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holidays Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world's leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for almost 30 years. Earlier this year, the multisite studio delivered the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2 and is currently in production on Super Pets. Other recent credits include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part and Peter Rabbit.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.