Online / Finishing Editor, On-Air Promotions
Los Angeles, CA US
FOX Entertainment is a company of passionate challengers who thrive on questioning conventions and disrupting the status quo-from championing breakthrough programming to defying the limitations of traditional broadcast models. It's an audacious mission. Because while the landscape of digital entertainment has made drastic evolutions, broadcast television hasn't kept up. We're challenging ourselves to be the first to do it - to disrupt the digital entertainment category and redefine the live experience for the next generation - And in doing so - evolve from a traditional, studio-driven TV network into a nimble, attitude-driven entertainment brand.
And we're doing it by starting from scratch. Think of FOX as a start-up with the backing of a Fortune 500 corporation. You will be part of a new team with full permission to reinvent, disrupt, and build in a highly collaborative and transparent environment. There are no rules. You'll be writing them.
This is an exciting time in the production, post-production, and content-creation spaces. We are entering a period of technology-driven disruption that hasn't been seen in 25+ years since the introduction of non-linear editing. As the Post Production Manager within the Production and Post-Production and Technology group, you will fill a critical role in helping to manage how team members interact with others to drive creative success within Fox Entertainment. Your strong communication skills and ability to build cross-functional relationships are very important, however, you're the ability to onboard team members, schedule resources, support communication across technology projects is critical. You are responsible for listening, synthesizing, and organizing team members, develop schedules, and work within the department to solve issues for team members.
We are creating a culture where the team is encouraged to be self-starters who continually strive to be better and learn more while having fun. A culture where team members are not afraid to fail or try new things because that is the quickest path to innovation. Endless curiosity about how things work and a strong understanding of what ''customer service'' actually means are valued traits. A solid understanding of production and post-production processes, broadcast technology, IT, and agile methodologies is a must-have, along with a sense of humor.
This role is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great FOX content to YOU! Join us to help make the best of sports and entertainment more personal, more immersive, and more interactive than ever before.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Resource Planning & Scheduling
• Responsible for partnering with departments to effectively schedule and manage union and non-union team members across various creative activities and functions
• Management and tracking of the daily schedule, content creation timelines, change requests, shift adjustments, overall budget, and other resource activities for success
• Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, and onboarding of union daily hire
• Efficiently facilitate scheduling activities to ensure time is used properly, and proactively prepare for upcoming work by collaborating with the team's availability and schedules
• Assist with the management and tracking of overall department activities, key dates, timelines, and notes from department meetings
• Participate and build support for strategic initiatives, projects, and creative planning sessions with senior leadership and department groups to plan schedules
Departmental Communication & Collaboration
• Contribute to the management, administration, and reporting of operating budgets
• Coordinate communication with team members, business stakeholders, operational groups, corporate groups, and departmental leadership
• Coordinate and schedule meetings with team members to communicate updates as needed. Assist with any documentation of notes and action items as necessary
• Help manage and track end-user requests, including setup activities, configurations, troubleshooting, and general end-user account maintenance
• Assist with help desk support by triaging tickets, managing open tickets, adjusting prioritizations, and following up with team members as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 2-3 years of hands-on experience in a similar position, occupation, or role is highly desired
• Proven experience planning, scheduling, and communicating within operational teams
• Effective management of scheduling requests and working across projects simultaneously
• Great attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and well organized
• Experience with cloud-based production and post-production environments, collaborative workflows, and the use of applications and tools in these environments
• Experience with common collaboration tools, Smartsheets, Salesforce, Slack, and other industry-standard operational / scheduling tools
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in media production, media operations, project management, or related field. Equivalent practical experience in media operations, post-production, resource scheduling, or project management may offset preference for a degree
• You care about your team and value setting up your team for success
• You appreciate documentation that is well organized and logical to understand
• You value diverse perspectives and welcome different approaches from others
• You can put yourself in the position of others, and understand the challenges they have
• You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done, but realize that change management just might be the biggest hurdle
• You have an entrepreneur's can-do spirit, and enjoy problem-solving
• You balance planning and doing, and know when to switch gears from one to the other