Producer, Diversity Equity and Inclusion
New York, NY US
Here at the NBCU News Group (NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC), we believe in diversity and more importantly, we believe in achieving equity and operating inclusively at all levels of our organization.
Our strategy demands we recruit aggressively, invest in the development of our employees and celebrate their accomplishments. As a member of the NBCU News Group Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team, you would play an important role in helping us maintain our position as an industry leader.
• Execute on mission to build and launch the NBC University website into the premier destination for online journalism education
• Create companion media sources for our online website – youtube channel, social media accounts, e-mail newsletter
• Design curriculum for interactive online learning through virtual, video and text options
• Create a robust learning source by leveraging the expertise of NBCU News Group employees (NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC)
• Curate and link to our online learning to in-person, virtual NBC University programs
• Cultivate and maintain a robust, interactive community
• Moderate boards and content
• Deliver and meet metric estimates for online engagement
• Establish an application, resume and reel review process online
• Liase and leverage relationships with faculty and administrators at colleges and universities
• Develop a tracking and recruiting system of journalists who engage with NBC University online
• Spotlight coverage of and conversations about race, justice and equality as a teaching tool
• Secure thought-leaders who can write, teach and share knowledge about journalism
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• At least 5 years of experience in media, preferably news
• Must have interest in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts
Additional Job Requirements:
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends.
• Sound journalistic judgment.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Experience working with editorial partners, other internal departments and external contacts.
• Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site