New York, NY
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter , and Facebook .
We are looking for an experienced researcher with strong critical thinking skills to join our team at CNN. The senior analyst will be part of the research team supporting Ad Sales, marketing and Content Partnerships teams across TV and Digital platforms. This role offers a great opportunity to learn more about news and advertising on both linear and digital platforms. This position will report to the Manager, CNN Ad Sales Research.
• Use syndicated research tools like Npower and MRI to position CNN, HLN and CNN Airport Network for ad sales and marketing purposes.
• Assist the Manager and Director on the team in various research projects, including timely reporting on CNN's audience levels, driving data focused ad sales projects, and helping with advertising effectiveness studies. You will help pitch to new clients, analyze their campaigns, and provide insights on the results.
• Collect, analyze, and summarize category data and present key insights to management and clients.
• Design and manage weekly and monthly performance reports to help understand our position in the digital and linear marketplace. Be the primary partner for key business stakeholders to understand audiences across all 3 networks.
• 4+ years of analytical experience, with 2+ of those years of relevant business experience at a media company, ad agency, market research firm or equivalent preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Nielsen data and other syndicated research sources: MRI, comScore, Ipsos, YouGov preferred.
• Ability to think strategically, analyze audience data, and dig into that data to drive meaningful and actionable insights.
• Avid consumer of news and current events would be ideal.
• Strong communication, organization, and writing skills, with superb attention to detail
• Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) required.
• Familiarity with data visualization tools like Tableau a plus.
• Bachelor's degree and or prior coursework in a related field (Business Analytics, Economics, Marketing, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics etc)
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.