Publishing Specialist, Consumer Products
Los Angeles, CA
We are Netflix's Editorial & Publishing team. A team of storytellers, social media strategists, editors, producers and journalists, all of us huge fans of entertainment. We're creating a whole new approach to talking about entertainment. Our mission is to build the most influential entertainment media and publishing network that brings joy to our fans and members all around the world.
On this team, we make content for our content, that is as entertaining off Netflix as it is on Netflix. We make content that brings communities together over shared passions, helps our fans discover new shows, movies and talent or fall more deeply in love with something they've already watched. Though part of the larger marketing organization, our team's work is unique in that we express a perspective on content the way an editorial media outlet would. You'll be creating content to talk about our Netflix originals from around the world, and have a great skill for bringing these stories and narratives into the news cycle and social zeitgeist through best in class creative.
• Working with the editorial audience team, develop programming that promotes the Netflix brand, titles and talent and targets our various Netflix communities (NX, Strong Black Lead, Netflix Family, Netflix Film, etc)
Programming opportunities should:
• Lean heavily into repeatable formats that can build help establish the voice on our channels and build a connection with the audience
• Be developed with every phrase of the TV/Film ecosystem in mind from stand alone shoots, on set production, press junkets, marketing shoots, etc.
• Driven by platform knowledge (Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok) with an understanding of syndication opportunities
• Manage creative briefings & decks
• Great creative requires collaboration, so building strong cross functional relationships (content, creative marketing, publicity, global editorial & publishing, etc) are essential to bringing best in class creative to life
• Determine the production infrastructure needed for execution of creative vision
• Have an understanding of high level producing and hands on production as the role will require a range of approaches to pilot new formats, establish regular cadence and produce creative at scale
• Oversee the creation of shooting guidance for repeatable formats
• Manage budgets
• Oversight of: vendor selection, physical shoot, post production including graphics, music, etc. and final asset lock
The ideal candidate is/has....
• A portfolio and proven track record of strong editorial creative that gets written, shared, and talked about
• Strong producer who knows how to bring a creative vision to life
• Expertise working in storytelling specifically in entertainment or with high level talent
• Knowledge of what works across the various social media platforms and experience in multi-channel distribution efforts
• Entrepreneurial spirit and highly collaborative - loves working with others, isn't afraid to lead or follow
• Experience using data and intuition to make content that grabs attention and engages its audience. Solid understanding of marketing and social media analytics, but isn't afraid to take big risks
• Constantly looking to discover new talent and voices to build programming around
• Must be able to prioritize and handle several projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working directly with talent and talent representation, in meetings and on shoots/sets. Skilled in pitching/ presenting with the ability to read the room
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Respect, understanding and enthusiasm for Netflix culture
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site