Vice President - Post Production
ABC Signature is one of the three television studios that comprise Disney Television Studios. The Post-Production team for ABC Signature oversees post-production for all TV content produced under the ABC Signature label. The Post-Production team partners closely with ABC Signature's Production, Creative, Business Affairs, Legal, Finance, Labor and Casting teams as well as with the Studio's third party creators, productions and vendors. Reporting to the EVP Production, the SVP of Post Production will lead the production team. The team is comprised of five Vice Presidents, one Manager, and three Coordinators. Each of the Post executives overseen by this role works on approximately 7-10 series and pilots from Pre-Production, through Production, Post Production and Delivery. This includes supervising the freelance show post production associate producers, editors, post supervisors, and coordinators of specific pilots and series. The overall goal of the team led by the SVP Post Production is to evaluate the Script, Budget and Schedule of episodes, and ensure delivery within those timelines and budgetary parameters.
• Oversee Post-Production department for ABC Signature, which produces TV 35-50 projects per year for internal buyers such as ABC Entertainment, Disney+, and Hulu, as well as external networks and streamers.
• Provide direction and oversight to team members who determine post production requirements for each project in terms of visual effects, sound, picture, staffing and overall approach to each project.
• Lead Post-Production executives in developing and monitoring post production budgets and schedules, and preparing various scenarios for how to approach the work on each project.
• Act as point of escalation for team members when there are potential financial, creative or deadline problems for their projects.
• Build and maintain relationships with producers, directors and production companies to ensure a steady flow of communication and timely turnaround of deliverables.
• Represent ABC Signature and Post-Production function in internal meetings and taskforces across Disney Television Studios.
• Stay on top of industry technological advances and lead technological innovation across the studio
• Work closely with Direct reports on their personal development and create training protocols to help promote and train junior members of the team
• Keep finger on the pulse of current industry standards and maintain solid relationships within the Post and VFX community/vendors
• Create programs to recruit and maintain engagement of the best of the best post/vfx staff for ABCS shows
• Collaborate with other WDT departments such as Production, Creative, Finance, Legal, Business Affairs, and Labor Relations.
• 15-20 years of production or post production experience , with deep knowledge of post-production
• Experience working as a post producer on high-end shows and films AND experience working as an executive over seeing multiple projects from a studio perspective
• A proven leader in setting direction and achieving objectives in relation to management of Post Production process
• Visual effects experience or post vendor experience will also be considered either exclusively or in tandem with one of the above
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Ability to resolve conflict and bring teams to consensus to achieve shared goals
ABC Signature, formerly known as ABC Studios, is one of the industry's leading suppliers of high quality primetime, cable and streaming television programming and entertainment content, including GREY'S ANATOMY, BLACK-ISH, and LITTLE FIRES EVERYWHERE.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site