New York, NY US
In this 24/7 department the Assistant Manager of Media Distribution is responsible for the development and management of a team of Media Distribution Specialists, who are responsible for creation and distribution of content for internal and external clients, in all markets. The Assistant Manager works closely with the Manager of Media Distribution to resolve high-level client issues and refine & develop workflows. The Assistant Manager also works closely with Digital Operations to facilitate the onboarding of new broadcasters.
• Supervise Media Distribution Specialists for all day-to-day assignments.
• Establish reoccurring work assignments and assign tasks to Specialists.
• Assist customers with concerns, questions or complaints.
• Interview candidates and participate in selection process with Media Distribution Manager for all hiring.
• Training and development of new and existing staff.
• Exploration, creation and recommendation of development opportunities for Specialists.
• Recommend workflow changes and enhancements to the Media Distribution Manager.
• Address all performance issues, and work with the employee on development and resolution.
• Approve vacation, payroll and hours.
• Liaise with Digital Operations to onboard new and existing clients and broadcasters which includes broadcaster video and audio specification review, encode & transcode project builds, and delivery method setups.
• Identify services and associated rates for client ordering.
• Follow through to ensure all production obstacles are overcome and that MPD's goals and requirements are met.
• Recommend and implement workflow and procedural changes as the technology changes.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and talents:
• A passion for media and entertainment is a must.
• Experience in the media & entertainment industry relating to one or more of the following areas - metadata management, digital video and audio, asset management systems/platforms, multimedia formats, international or syndication
• 5+ years of experience with customer service, content management practices, video/audio formats and standards.
• 2+ years of experience managing a team.
• Thorough understanding of production and media supply chain's workflows, and best practices.
• Thorough understanding of international, streaming and domestic broadcast specifications.
• Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task under shifting deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated, team player who is results-oriented.
• AWS cloud practitioner certification is preferred.