Paid Social Media Manager
Santa Monica, CA US
The Senior Director, Marketing & Creative Services leads the brand development, strategy, creative execution and marketing campaigns for the new broadcast TV networks Comet, Charge! and TBD as well as for STIRR, a new national streaming service.
This executive will be a key member of the leadership team and requires a thorough understanding of the traditional TV (both national networks and local broadcast TV) and the streaming TV ecosystem as well as experience in the launch and development of new media brands.
They are media savvy, highly motivated, a creative and focused leader who can thrive in a data-driven company. They must possess excellent interpersonal, leadership and work-flow management skills in order to effectively interact with other key departments as well as a diverse group of stakeholders on a regular basis. The candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, results-driven and process-oriented environment.
• Protect, grow, and enhance the group's media brands - building authentic and long- lasting relationships with current viewers while engaging a broader audience
• Develop and manage consistent and dynamic brand identity, messaging and architecture across all products and platforms
• Work closely with both the Programming and Scheduling and Advertising Sales departments as well as develop strong relationships with Sinclair's corporate marketing team to achieve the group's goals
• Lead the creative development of regular, program-specific, and event-specific creative work for campaigns across all media, including crafting dynamic data-informed, customer-centric and insight-based content and messaging that connects with viewers and strengthens their emotional link to the group's brands
• Inspire creativity in all its forms
• Lead and mentor a team that lives and breathes the group's branding and positioning across all platforms
• Help ensure that the group's brands values and guidelines are clear and followed
• Oversee creation of support materials, premiums and other items to further group's goals
• Translate top-level marketing priorities into clear brand strategy and messages including establishing the vision for continual evolution of the group's brands
• Oversee and manage third party agencies
• Demonstrated success in brand strategy, brand marketing, and creative leadership
• Experience working with media brands and in particular ones that are new or early in their development
• Knowledge of multicast networks, start-up cable networks and streaming platforms preferred
• Ability to influence, inspire, and motivate at all levels within an organization where varying opinions are the norm
• Experience working as an individual contributor as well as managing multi-functional marketing teams of varying size and experience
• Excellent team player with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships
• Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and feedback-driven environment
• Highly motivated with sound business judgment
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and adapt to a fast-moving environment
About the National Networks and Platforms Group: Responsible for the business management and operations of Sinclair's national broadcast TV networks Comet, Charge! and TBD as well as STIRR, the company's new direct to consumer streaming service.
• Comet is a free broadcast TV network for passionate fans of SCIENCE FICTION. Featuring hit shows Battlestar Galactica, Quantum Leap, Stargate SG-1, Sliders, box office hits and other cult classic films. The network is available nationwide through local broadcast TV affiliates and cable operators, YouTube TV, Dish, Sling, Fubo and STIRR.
• Charge! is a free broadcast TV network for fans of everything ACTION. Targeting male fans but appealing to female viewers as well, the network features hit shows like Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Walker Texas Ranger, CHiPs, box office hits and cult classics films. The network is available through local broadcat TV affiliates including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and 42 of the Top 50 DMAs in the country.
• TBD is a free broadcast TV network for fans of unique and undiscovered Web content and voices. The network's tag line is ''TBdiscovered, see for yourself'' and features original weekly show The Link as well as The Lab with CRH, Life on the Edge and DevinSuperTramp. TBD is available nationwide include New York, Los Angeles and Chicago and 47 of the top 50 DMAs.
• STIRR is a free national streaming service with over 110 linear channels featuring live local news, fan favorite TV shows, movies, sports and lifestyle programming. Each week STIRR delivers 2400+ hours of live local news and 5000+ hours of on demand programming. The STIRR App has been downloaded over 4 million times and is available on Roku, Fire TV, tvOS, iOS and Android devices.
About Sinclair Broadcast Group: Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team! The life blood of our organization is our people.
We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site