Washington, DC US
Crime & Justice Reporter (Producer)
CNN is seeking a reporter to cover the Justice Department, crime and law enforcement.
• Work with CNN's Justice team of correspondents, producers and editors to report on stories about the Department's leadership and activities, and crime and law matters at large.
• Cultivate sources among federal agencies, advocacy groups, legal experts and others to break news and drive coverage.
• Candidates should have a proven record of breaking news, working with sources to develop stories and clear and engaging writing style.
• Experience in covering law enforcement and/or the courts preferred
• Understanding of using social media and online tools to assist reporting
• Monitor internal news gathering threads, on-air interviews and reporting, and competing news outlets' coverage to coordinate with editors about needed content for CNN platforms.
• Report enterprise stories to dive deeper into the issues and experiences defining crime and justice in the US
• Make independent judgments and decisions on whether content is native to mobile, and it is suitable for our platforms and audiences.
• Typically has 4 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
• College degree or equivalent industry experience.
• Excellent Writing and research skills
• High metabolism for news
• Flexibility and ability to juggle multiple task at once
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands