Partner Growth Engagement Manager
Santa Monica, CA US
Hulu's Subscriber Growth & Partnerships team is seeking a Partner Engagement Manager who will be an impactful addition to our organization. This role will report to the Head of Partner Engagement and will be directly responsible for the success of relationships with strategic distribution and marketing partners (e.g. Samsung, LG, Vizio, etc.). They will work to grow Hulu's SVOD and Live TV subscribers, and ensure the health of those partnerships through collaborative and innovative growth initiatives. Additionally they will support the efficacy of the entire PEM team through cross platform strategic initiatives including competitive analysis, feature evaluation and partner communication strategy. The right person for this role possesses strong thought leadership, excellent relationship management skills and a General Manager attitude. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of how to grow a subscription business and deep familiarity with the device landscape. Other elements critical to success in this role include curiosity, eagerness to learn, and experience working cross-functionally within a complex organization (e.g., Product, Tech, BD, Finance, and Legal). Finally, this team thinks big, learns quickly, and approaches everything with humility, positivity and enthusiasm!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Own a key set of distribution partner relationships and their attributable subscriber P&Ls across all phases of the subscriber and partner lifecycle (i.e. subscriber acquisition, engagement/retention, technical integrations, marketing initiatives, and partnership management etc.)
• Drive marketing initiatives across partners to play a meaningful role in overall Hulu subscriber acquisition. Provide feedback, and partner level insight to inform Hulu wide marketing initiatives.
• Be the central hub in the holistic partner growth strategy, using data insights, broader market trends and internal perspective to drive success in partnership. Be a business owner with an eye on revenue and profitability.
• Serve as the internal source of knowledge for all things to do with your partner set. Be the first point of contact for external partners, and the voice representing Hulu interests.
• Rigorously analyze partner performance, provide key requirements to technical teams to establish partner tracking mechanisms and regularly ideate/update long-term plans for each owned partnership.
• Contribute to financial analysis, roadmap planning, tech and product scoping, monitoring engagement/retention, and general health of relationship.
• Work with Marketing leadership on cross platform strategic projects including evaluating the publisher competitive set, feature integration strategy and partner communication standards.
• Deliver key presentations to senior leadership both within Hulu and to external partners.
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor's Degree and 3-5+ years overall experience, with several years of marketing/partner management experience with a focus in media/technology
• Strong partner management and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and build existing partner channels
• Ability to prioritize and balance multiple requests concurrently, with flexibility to adapt seamlessly to rapid shifts in direction/strategy
• Ability to identify problems, quickly devise feasible solutions, disseminate the appropriate information to relevant internal partners and ultimately bring about timely resolution
• Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from data, quickly synthesizing them into actionable steps supporting a broader strategic purpose
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to tailor messages for both business and technical audiences; comfort in addressing informal team meetings and delivering prepared presentations to executives/external audiences
• Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams on technical projects, specifically in translating business objectives/priorities for product management and engineering colleagues
• Willingness to travel (10-15%)