We are currently searching for a Data I/O Operator (Temporary) in our Data I/O Department located in Burbank, California.
Do you think you have what it takes? Candidates up for the challenge must be self-motivated, with superior work ethic and ability to work to strict delivery deadlines, with minimal direct supervision.
The I/O Department is responsible for trafficking all digital content to, from and within the facility. This position manages incoming files, ingests assets into the Media Asset Management System and assists with file staging and archiving as needed. Prep, package, pre-qual and deliver files through high-speed file transfer software. Manage operator queues through order management system to ensure accurate, on-time delivery. Assist with Data Management duties as needed.
- Deliver files using Aspera, Signiant and SmartJog delivery tools.
- Data Asset Management, Data I/O and assisting in the creation of encoded and transcoded files, for delivery across multiple, broadcast, VOD, online retailer/internet platforms worldwide.
- Metadata creation, packaging, package QC & delivery
- Resolve issues either technical or deadline related, and collaborate with operational departments and client services, towards a timely resolution
- Engage in on-going training
- Operation of various asset and workflow management tools
- Represent and uphold all department policies and procedures and maintain an exceptional level of service for our customers
- Undertake additional department duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of post-production or media distribution experience required
- 1+ years of metadata creation and packaging experience required
- Knowledge of all open digital delivery platforms such as Aspera, Smartjog and Signiant (Signiant Workflow creation a plus) required
- Proficient in major online retailer Metadata / XML Creation and Verification, Digital Packaging and Quality Control processes
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills
- In depth knowledge of audio/video, physical and file formats and electronic delivery platforms
- Strong multi-tasker, with experience with organizing and managing multiple priorities, while retaining comprehensive knowledge of multiple workflows
- Strong ability to follow direction, work unsupervised, at a fast pace in a calm and collected manner
- Ability to troubleshoot and act as a critical thinker
- Experience with file creation tools such as FFMpeg, Digital Rapids, StreamZHD , FCP, Compressor, Rhozet Carbon Coder, WFS, DVS Clipster, Flip Factory, Media Deck, MacCaptions a plus
- Working knowledge of Python, Linux, C++, HTML, Java a plus
- Experience with metadata a plus
- Perform other related duties as assigned or related to postion