Live Desk Producer
Atlanta, GA US
This critical role on the desk is tasked with prioritizing and driving CNN International's daily news agenda both breaking and day-to-day news stories. The NDP is part of a team of journalists that discover, chase and verify daily news lines from around the world ensuring accuracy and is a key liaison with our field teams. This role is responsible for creating and facilitating content for the platforms - from TV to digital. The NDP is audience focused and has a clear understanding of how content reaches audiences on different platforms.
• Strong editorial judgment, news writing and editing skills.
• Skilled at adapting to a changing environment and demonstrated excellence in breaking news situations.
• Organized and effective communicator. He/she ensures communication between teams in the field and all interested platforms is timely and accurate.
• Integral part of the Newsdesk, covering planned events and breaking news for all platforms including TV, Digital, social and affiliates.
• Provides guidance, direction, editorial and production support to all platforms under direction from Senior News Editors.
• Ensures content is relevant for a given platform, accurate and of quality and interest for the target audience.
• Clears and communicates visual and editorial content for all platforms. Primarily interface with assigned teams in the field.
• Will oversee the production and post-production of content.
• This role either writes, edits, field produces and/or shoots.
• Knowledge of digital publishing, broadcasting, news industry and the competitive landscape, including competitive news sites, channels, mobile, social media.
• The Newsdesk Producer may be expected to step up to Senior News Editor; may issue Row approved alerts to the network.
• He/she is also required to work on the Live Production desk periodically and rotate on overnight shifts.
• May be required to work alongside the planning team.
• **Must be able to work overnights/weekends/holidays**
• 1-2-year entry level Newsdesk or media experience with proven assignment management.
• Proven news content production capability for TV and Digital Research and published or broadcast writing experience.
• Proven leadership and supervisory experience.
• Fluency in a second language preferred.
• Digital and social media competency.
• Innovative and creative.
• Strong production skills.
• Ability to perform well under pressure
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands