Game Security Analyst (Apex Legends)
Respawn Entertainment is looking for a Games Security Analyst to help support anti-cheat initiatives for Apex Legends. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of our game, anti-cheat philosophies, and who is passionate about game security principles.
• Investigate reported cheaters, cheats, exploits, and any other bad behavior that affects the game. Document and communicate findings.
• Work with teams across EA to effectively guide the use of their resources in the battle against cheaters.
• Document and propose new internal processes or improvements.
• Monitor various metrics and KPIs to identify bad behaviours impacting the health of the game.
• Monitor the landscape of cheaters and cheat communities to document the latest trends and activities, as well as raising flags when needed to alert others.
• Assist in driving implementation of new anticheat solutions and processes
• Familiarity (intermediate, or at least beyond basics?) of different types of cheats and how they work, particularly for FPS games.
• General understanding of anti-cheat technologies.
• General understanding of how online games work, including rendering, networking, and databases.
• Knowledge of a programming language that can be used for scripting, such as Python.
• Experience querying large datasets with SQL
• Familiarity with account security and account takeover trends.
• Experience interfacing with customers for account or security related concerns