Audience Development Buyer
Center Valley, PA US
About Popular Mechanics
Popular Mechanics is part of Hearst's Enthusiast Group, which also includes Runner's World, and Bicycling magazines. It inspires, instructs, and influences our readers' passions. Popular Mechanics is produced by a team of editors who are passionate about science, space, math, cars, tech, and just about anything that makes the world more interesting. We love love sharing the latest innovations and tech, relevant how-to information from experts, and biggest discoveries in our universe across our website, magazine, social channels, and membership program.
The News Editor will work with our digital team to mine the news, cultural memes and trends, our own data and analytics, and relevant social feeds to originate, plan, create, edit, and distribute strategically driven content-stories that bring in new readers, drive membership and engagement, or bring in affiliate revenue-on a daily basis.
NOTE: For us to consider you, please submit your resume in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio.
What you'll do
• Under the direction of Popular Mechanics's Deputy Editor, originate, plan, and publish content that dazzles, including major topic areas like space, science, math, cars, tech
• Produce stories daily while simultaneously creating longer works for our site, membership program, magazine, and social feeds
• Work on longer-lead projects for the website, including how-to projects, search driven stories, and articles focused to drive Popular Mechanics membership.
• Hit every deadline. Crush every metric
Who you are
• You have at least 3-5 years of experience in editing, writing, or content creation and distribution. Bonus points if you have a background in science, tech, math, machines, games, the outdoors, DIY, repair, maker culture, or any other place that obsessive curiosity leads
• Someone who can write fast, fun, clean, and SEO-centric copy
• You have familiarity with social media to track news and spot stories to write about
• Able to manage feedback from multiple parties and deal with fast-changing priorities
• Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
• You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Must be able to work flexible hours as needed
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site