Sr. Software Engineer
New York, NY US
Overview and Responsibilities
The Games Producer is responsible for owning the vision and supporting the learning goals for assigned preschool game projects that will live in Noggin. This may include working on multiple projects with a variety of internal teams and external partners to deliver the highest in quality learning games for preschoolers.
• Be passionate about crafting engaging and educational games for preschoolers that will delight and stimulate them while serving Noggin's content development goals.
• Champion the game(s) vision both to the internal stakeholders and external partners while being accountable for the delivery of each project.
• Work with teams (both internal and external) to ensure that game projects deliver on the core pillars of the chosen design; find the 'fun factor' early in the process.
• Collaborate with our internal Learning & Impact team to understand the curriculum objectives and ensure the games meet those objectives.
• Work with our Digital Consumer Insights team to ensure that the game is age-appropriate, achievable, and understandable to our age group.
• Maintain budgets, production schedules, and risk mitigation based on defined achievement deliverables with both external partners and internal brand teams.
• Manage brand approval process, facilitating approvals and acting as mediator between internal franchise teams and our external development/publishing partners.
• Identify any bottlenecks in our production processes and chip in to solving and sharing across current and future projects.
• Manage the relationship between external partners and internal build team engineers to set up and manage build jobs for each game.
• Work closely with quality assurance to deliver the highest quality experiences to consumers.
• Work closely with our content management system and publishing tools to publish the games to our staging and live environments.
• Be the main point of contact for our licensing partners and external developers, driving them to meet deadlines while maintaining the highest quality and gameplay of the game.
• Participate in crafting a collaborative and positive environment between internal teams and our external partners.
• Be a student of early childhood learning and development and standard methodologies by participating in Noggin U learning sessions, attending usability sessions across all content types, and reading and researching independently.
• 3+ years of experience as a game producer in HMTL5 game production preferred; mobile or console game development a plus
• Knowledge of HTML5 technology (Phaser, Haxe/Flambe, Tiny Unity)
• Knowledge of content management systems and web games publishing processes
• Experience in building interactive experiences around popular preschool brands
• Knowledge of preschool curriculum and competitive preschool games and apps
• Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate goals clearly and drive coordination effectively and efficiently
• Ability to think flexibly and multi-task in a fast-paced, evolving environment
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site