News Producer, GMA3
New York, NY
The Digital Content Producer role helps manage digital content for CBS This Morning and CBSN, CBS News' 24/7 streaming news service. The Digital Content Producer writes up broadcast scripts and newsmaking interviews for the web, works with the video team to get clips posted online and liaises with the CBS This Morning and CBSN teams on priority projects. This role also helps send push alerts, OTT alerts and breaking news emails.
The Digital Content Producer role thrives in a fast-paced environment and is adept at juggling a number of responsibilities while on deadline.
The hours for this role are Tuesday-Saturday, 5a-1p. You will need to work some holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.
• Work with the CBS This Morning and CBSN teams to identify priority segments, writing and producing them for the web
• Collaborate with the video, social media, SEO and CBSNews.com front door teams to maximize visibility for CBS This Morning and CBSN content
• Help manage long-term planning for CBS This Morning and CBSN special projects
• Send app, Apple News and OTT alerts to segments of the audience based on user behavior and location
• Send breaking emails as needed
• Help pitch content to distribution partners as needed
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• You have 2+ years of experience in a digital breaking news environment and proven ability to react quickly as news develops
• You are a skilled writer who can produce quality copy on a deadline
• You're deeply familiar with analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Omniture, Chartbeat and Parse.ly
• You are a collaborative team player who loves to work across many teams
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site