Senior Post Production Executive, IMDB TV
Culver City, CA
Tennis Channel's Media Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring the proper acquisition, organization, maintenance, and distribution of all of Tennis Channel's production media. Reporting to the Executive Director of Post Production and working closely with the entire team of media managers, each media manager is expected to facilitate the media needs of all departments and third-party vendors of Tennis Channel. These responsibilities include but are not limited to Tennis Channel's regular need for footage to be made available to produce shows, both domestically and internationally, to input the proper metadata on all digital content, to work with loggers to ensure proper metadata is being entered on match feeds, to organize and archive all
of Production's media, to digitize legacy tapes, to fulfilling requests for tapes, or internet links, as well as other tasks that will arise from time to time. Avid experience beyond Avid Media Composer is required.
To be considered for this amazing opportunity, please include a cover letter which details your experience related to the Required Skills listed for our Media Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage Tennis Channel's Avid Interplay environment (High and Low resolution) and Masstech Archive. Including archiving, deleting and restoring.
• Ensure all media is properly ingested, cataloged and delivered for Tennis Channel studio shows, Tennis Channel Digital, Tennis Channel Remote Productions, and third-party collaborators.
• Manage File movement, ingest, metadata organization, troubleshooting software and hardware issues, transcoding and encoding files.
• Stay current with all file-based technology including camera codecs, wrappers, and encoding workflows.
• Provide expertise/knowledge on best practices, working with engineering on maintaining our Production systems.
• Coordinate media with/between departments such as, Production, Marketing, Digital, Sales, and Outside Vendors.
• Ensure all ingested content has been correctly and accurately processed by the PAM system – this will include checking the technical and visual quality of the ingested asset, accurate entry of metadata and tracking of material IDs.
• Collaborate with other media management staff and multiple ingest personnel to ensure proper workflows are followed and fulfill daily requests and records.
• Troubleshoot Avid Media Composer issues.
• Manage all Avid Projects including Original Programming, Promos, Pregame shows, Matches, teases, and daily requests.
• Manage P2, SD cards, tape stock and hard drives.
• Maintain and Manage the Tennis Channel Production FTP Server and fulfill FTP/Aspera file-based transfers with all outside sources.
• Create and Maintain our Vantage Workflows.
• Manage Tennis Channel Productions Sony Ci page for viewing and downloads.
• Perform basic media librarian duties for the video tape library, such as pulling tapes for the next day's broadcast, maintaining tape stock, keeping the library of multiple facilities in order.
• Take the lead in Formulating and executing a plan to digitize our legacy tape library.
• Work hours beyond normally scheduled shifts from time to time.
• Occasionally make trips between our Hayden facility and our Santa Monica facility to delivery, and or retrieve media.
• A deep understanding and experience with Avid products, including but not limited to: Avid Interplay, Avid Nexus, Avid Media Central UX, Avid Interplay Delivery, Avid Interplay Archive, Avid Media Director, Avid Airspeeds, Avid Media Composer.
• Experience working with Vantage Telestream workflows.
• Experience with FTP clients such as Aspera, Sony Ci, etc.
• Experience with Masstech archive solutions.
• Experience in video tape libraries.
• Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Adobe CC a plus.
• Experience in Sports Production a Plus
• Knowledge of Tennis a plus
• Minimum 3 years Media Management experience.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel:
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site