Senior Features Editor
Los Angeles, CA
FOX Sports Digital is looking for an Editorial Researcher to join our team in Los Angeles, CA. As the Editorial Researcher, you will provide original quantitative and qualitative research for the entire FOX Sports digital team, from editorial Stories on the FOX Sports App and FOXSports.com to supporting all FOX Sports digital talent.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with FOX Sports digital designers and data visualizers to create industry-leading imagery for social, editorial, and digital and linear productions
• Manage a team of researchers to provide the greatest volume possible of deep insights on on-the-field performance, historical achievements, gambling trends, and much more
• Produce and research live, on-air graphics for original digital productions such as ''Talk The Line'' and Joel Klatt's ''Breaking The Huddle''
• Operate the ''FOX Facts'' brand across social, editorial, and video operations, including real-time ideation and creation of Facts for the Events and Live TV sections of the FOX Sports App and FOXSports.com
• Guide FOX Sports' data, analytics, and visualization approaches in its sports gambling coverage across digital platforms
• Write, edit, and publish Stories for the FOX Sports App and FOXSports.com based on data, research, and visualizations, and incorporating social media, video, and talent-based perspective as appropriate
• Utilize analytics, research and other data to help shape the editorial strategy for FOX Sports Digital
• Help maintain and contribute to FOX Sports Digital's editorial calendar and content budget, planning for upcoming events, major milestones and content themes
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Understanding of statistics and data analysis
• Deep knowledge of AP style writing
• 3+ years' experience
• Outstanding news judgment, skilled storytelling ability, thorough knowledge of digital best practices (including SEO, social platforms and content sharing), and a strong knowledge of journalistic principals and methods
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Adobe proficiency a significant plus
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site