Summer 2021 Intern - Front End Software Engineering
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Francisco, CA
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Cloud Data Intern
San Francisco, CA
The Cloud Data group runs data infrastructure in the PlayStation Network cloud. You will improve the automation used to handle common operational tasks. You will build and develop new and innovative ways to make the back-end data run more efficiently across the PSN. You will touch many different systems in the AWS cloud, including the NoSQL database technologies themselves, authorization and authentication systems, deployment technologies such as CloudFormation and Chef, and the ''connective tissue'' of infrastructure such as distributed messaging queues, AWS lambda functions, and Kubernetes.
• Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science (or related field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date.
• We write our tools mostly in Golang, though there's plenty of Ruby and some Python as well. Application teams we talk to usually write in Java.
• Real passion for infrastructure and the plumbing behind applications.
• Knowledge of databases and experience with NoSQL-style document stores is helpful.
• Experience with collaborative workspaces like GitHub.
• Knowledge of Linux and the typical command line tools found on a Linux system.
• General knowledge of AWS core services (EC2, VPC, Subnets, and Security Groups).
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site