Woodland Hills, CA
As a Lead UI Engineer you will be actively coding and engineering UI screens for various aspects of the game. You will need to possess practical knowledge of LUA scripting language with the ability to implement content into the game engine. Qualified candidates will need to have a strong background in engineering human graphical interfaces and have a well-rounded understanding of user experiences applicable to console games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop, modify, and debug UI software in script and C/C++.
• Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize and test UI software on PC and console platforms.
• Collaborate with other internal departments. (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
• Co-develop and collaborate with other Activision studios.
• Document software and features for internal and external engineering teams.
• Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process.
• Motivate and manage a small team of fellow UI engineers.
• Building and organizing team backlogs, sprints and roadmaps.
• Mentor more junior engineers and be an efficiency multiplier for the team.
• Report to the Engineering Director.
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field.
• Shipped at least one game title.
• 5+ years of experience working in the game industry.
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
• Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members.
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented.
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code.
• Experience as a managing engineer.
• Passion for games.
• Aptitude for UX design.
• Background in ActionScript programming.
• Background in C# programming.
• Background in Lua programming.
• Experience with console development. (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
• Closely collaborated with offsite engineers on a large project.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site