Head Of Finance, KYAC
Burbank, CA US
Enterprise Financial Services (EFS) is Warner Bros.' global shared services accounting function. EFS serves to provide efficient and scalable global finance and accounting services to the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies. We are looking for a confident, flexible, and proactive team player to join our Global Theatrical Distribution Accounting team. This Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Manager, EFS and plays a key role in the day-to-day general accounting activities and processes, preparation of variance explanations and deliverables, as well as presentations to executives.
• Perform variance analysis on results comparing actual theatrical operating performance to forecast / ultimate. This analysis is presented during the monthly review meetings with Business Unit finance, sales, and marketing executives. Quarterly theatrical cause of change packages are prepared based on this variance analysis.
• Lead meetings with Business Unit, Territory finance teams, and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) team, both during and after close to review and understand theatrical performance.
• Prepare and review trial balances of multiple legal entities on a quarterly basis, and explain significant / irregular balances. This analysis is presented during the quarterly meeting with EFS executives.
• Analyze and approve actual results for the quarter / month / year end closing process.
• Manage and guide offshore BPO teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of GL activity.
• Identify, recommend and implement global theatrical process improvements to drive efficiencies in the organization.
• Research US GAAP as it relates to significant matters and provide accounting guidance to ensure proper compliance.
• Review account reconciliations prepared by BPO team and ensure resolution of aged items.
• Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley cycle documentation, audit testing, identify areas of control risk and design and recommend mitigating control procedures.
• Work closely with internal TW auditors and external E&Y auditors as needed.
• Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis as determined by internal management.
• 3-5 years experience working in accounting or related financial area.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Proficient in Windows, Excel, and Word.
• Embrace and thrive during change.
• Ability to coach others and deliver feedback.
• Manage intermediate-level processes and projects with minimal input from others.
• Manage multiple deliverables under tight deadlines.
• Communicate effectively and tactfully with internal and external persons at all levels.
• Domestic & international travel as needed.
• Previous ''Big 4'' accounting experience.
• SAP knowledge.
• CPA or MBA.