Online / Finishing Editor, On-Air Promotions
Los Angeles, CA US
This is an exciting time in the production, post-production, and content-creation spaces. We are entering a period of technology-driven disruption that hasn't been seen in 25+ years since the introduction of non-linear editing. We are creating a culture where the team is encouraged to be self-starters who continually strive to be better and learn more while having fun. A culture where team members are not afraid to fail or try new things because that is the quickest path to innovation. Endless curiosity about how things work and a strong understanding of what ''customer service'' actually means are valued traits. A solid understanding of production and post-production processes, broadcast technology, IT, and agile methodologies is a must-have, along with a sense of humor.
Fox Entertainment is looking for a Craft Editor to join the Production and Post-Production and Technology group on a freelance basis. You will fill a critical role helping tell stories with our producer teams for Fox Entertainment and be responsible for non-linear editing using Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere. You will be editing promotional content that will air across digital platforms along with cable and network television. Additionally, you will be responsible for the non-linear editing using Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere of short and long-form content across linear, social, and digital platforms along with cable and network television.
This role is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great FOX content to YOU!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Edit promotional content for Fox Entertainment using Avid Media Composer, and/or Adobe Premiere Pro among other systems and tools
• Communicate effectively with producers and all other persons involved with productions
• Demonstrate an understanding of production terminology and procedures
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in a similar position, occupation, or role is highly desired
• Proven experience editing promos and/or episodic content
• Must be knowledgeable on both Windows and Mac operating systems
• Should have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Work within NLE integrated MAM systems, workflows, systems, and tools
• Must be able to provide links to a reel or video showcasing relevant editorial abilities
• Great attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and well organized
• Experience with cloud-based production and post-production environments, collaborative workflows, and the use of applications and tools in these environments
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site