Los Angeles, CA US
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Job Title: Assistant, Film & Television
Why this could be your next big break:
Are you curious about the film industry and ready to dive in to learn more? Also love music and want to stay up to speed with the latest, most interesting creators and have the opportunity to dig in and learn more about classic acts? Warner Music Group is looking for an Assistant, Film & Television to support our content development team with day-to-day tasks required to manage an eclectic workload and two busy executive schedules. We are looking for a creative go getter and polished professional with excellent organizational skills. There will be loads of standard administrative support needs but also the opportunity to be hands on developing documentaries, feature films and other digital content.
Here you'll get to:
• Schedule meetings and manage a busy calendar
• Organize executive expenses. Submit and track vendor invoices
• Handle frequent travel logistics and itineraries
• Ensure executives are on time and prepared for meetings
• Track all project flow; create project summaries and ensure all relevant parties are in-the-know
• Ensure timely follow up on all film & television submissions
• Read scripts and provide coverage
• Support development efforts around eclectic slate of movies, documentaries and episodic projects. This might include researching our artists or researching far more obscure facts and circumstances relating to a story we want to tell
• Research potential partners, production companies, writers, directors, etc. Review work samples and provide perspective
• Track deal process and ensure deal terms shared with all relevant parties
• Proactively stay up to date on the music and film industry and be a conduit of relevant updates and industry press. Track our artists and identify new creative opportunities.
• Participate in meetings to provide context on research and creative input
Rock star candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• Experience in the entertainment and media industries
• A strong cultural fluency; passion for Film/TV development and music industry
• Prior administrative experience
• Exceptional communication and social skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to anticipate needs and operate independently
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• B.A. required with relevant course of study
• Work experience in Film, Television and/or Entertainment industry. Music background a plus.