Coordinating Producer, Race & Culture
Washington, DC US
Are you ready to join an emerging reporting vertical at ABC News? Are you committed to telling stories of people that are often overlooked and underreported? ABC News Washington is looking for a Reporter/Producer to join our Race & Culture team to develop coverage with deeper reporting at the intersection of race, politics and culture. Across the landscape of ABC News programming, the Race & Culture reporting team will guide daily reporting and special coverage in a space that is dynamic and requires closer investigation, delivering breaking news, relevant interviews and incisive investigative reports.
The Reporter/Producer will report to the Coordinating Producer – Race & Culture.
ABC is looking for a reporter/producer to join a team covering stories at the intersection of race, politics and culture. We are looking for someone with extremely strong writing and editorial skills and a proven track record of reporting exclusive stories with nationwide appeal. They will also collaborate with other network shows for joint projects or special features and brainstorm different story angles and ways to increase social media presence. Understanding of digital platforms and social media preferred. The candidate must have at least three years experience in a news environment writing weekly or daily stories.
• A minimum of three (3) years journalism experience in a news environment is required.
• Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, high pressure work environment.
• Writing and reporting experience on a daily or weekly basis.
• Broadcast journalism experience
• Demonstrated ability covering race, politics and culture stories for a national audience.
• Proficient in relevant languages, including Spanish
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site