Live Desk Producer
Atlanta, GA US
Associate Producer (Temporary)
The Temporary Associate Producer for CNN's Documentary Unit works closely with unit producers to execute documentary projects - from inception to completion.
• Heavy research and telephone reporting, pre-interviews, and coordinating logistics for field production.
• The AP is responsible for locating, procuring, and managing internal and external video and assets.
• The AP must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly.
• The AP works closely with editors during post production, left-siding scripts, providing media, anticipating and responding to requests, organizing footage and tracking sources of material for licensing.
• The AP occasionally works in the field to produce interviews and to supervise b-roll shoots.
• 2-3 years of experience in TV/news/digital production. Long form documentary experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Familiarity with CNN databases such as MediaSource, MIRA, and the CNN Library is very helpful.
• Proficiency with archive sources, such as Getty Images and Associated Press is very helpful.
• Some field producing experience preferred.
• Must demonstrate strong research skills.
• Must demonstrate strong initiative, commitment, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and editors, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations, including breaking news.
• Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands