Burbank, CA US
Deluxe Entertainment Services Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide.
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer with 5+ years of Microsoft and Linux experience with a focus on supporting the full stack from cable to code. The individual will assist in supporting the Cloud and on-prem infrastructure, software, operating systems, storage, backup, monitoring and deployments of code to the different environments such as QA, Staging and Production. We are seeking a motivated individual with a broad range of expertise in both on-premise and cloud environments.
• Provide infrastructure and software support for systems providing Internet hosting of websites and services at co-location facilities and cloud environments such as AWS.
• Install, configure, troubleshoot and support servers, load balancers, storage arrays, network attached storage, network equipment and related peripherals.
• Work with automated CM/deployment systems such as Ansible, AWS SSM, Puppet or Chef
• Provision virtual machines as necessary, allocate resources, perform capacity planning, and monitor both network and systems usage.
• Develop and deploy monitoring solutions that exercise the products APIs
• Participate in the engineering process for design, build and management of systems
• Implement security systems and best practices to protect systems from external and internal compromise
• Accurately document procedures, configurations, trouble descriptions and problem resolution.
• Work with and provide support to developers to implement solutions as needed, release code, and creatively solve problems.
• Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation, respond to alerts in a timely fashion, escalate issues as needed.
• Identify and develop support tools needed by the Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams to keep our production platforms running smoothly.
• Coordinate with Infrastructure, Network and operations teams in migrating services to the cloud.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Operating systems and related technologies including, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, Office products and patching technologies.
• 5+ years managing Linux systems, including LAMP deployments.
• 5+ years working in a high transaction, 24/7, web environment.
• 5+ years experience with VMware, AWS or other virtualization technologies.
• 3+ years experience with storage technologies (NAS/SAN) over NFS, Fiber Channel or ISCSI.
• Proficient in one or more scripting languages: PHP, Perl, Unix Shell Script, powershell, or similar.
• Solid networking fundamentals required. Must understand VLANs, Cisco IOS, DNS, Network Address Translation (NAT) and sub netting.
• Willingness to work extended hours / weekends to meet project deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working with .net systems in large load balanced pools.
• Experience deploying and troubleshooting .net, Apache and Tomcat solutions
• Experience working with various video formats, transcoding, and DRM.
• Thorough knowledge of AWS and its SAAS solutions
• Knowledge of large multi petabyte archiving solutions
• Knowledge of performance testing and capacity planning strategies.
• Experience migrating complex platforms from on-premise to the cloud
• Experience with best practices for change management and code releases. Some exposure to continuous integration and related technologies beneficial.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site