Content Lifecycle Planning Specialist
San Mateo, CA US
An exciting opportunity to join a new distributed team that manages content and operations for PlayStation.com - marketing some of the world's most popular products, services and experiences! We're looking for a passionate gamer, brand-fanatic and/or a digitally savvy publishing specialist – creative, strategic and highly organised.
As a Senior Web Producer-International Territories you will be the key point of contact for our global territories and will support their specific initiatives and campaigns. You'll provide strategic, technical and practical hands-on guidance to ensure local web activity meets the high standards of the market leading PlayStation brand. As part of the team, you'll contribute to the editorial calendar and be responsible for the content planning, curation, creation, distribution optimization and amplification on PlayStation.com and associated outlets.
You have experience crafting and managing content marketing initiatives on a global or regional scale, with a deep understanding of the challenges of localizing copy and assets at scale, and communicating effectively with a diverse network of territory teams. You're an experienced content producer with an understanding of how to build innovative and engaging assets - from editorial copy to rich media, short and long form. You will work alongside a team and multiple partners to ensure that content featured on the site is up to date, relevant, and on-brand. You'll be supporting the global program, editorial process and content strategy that fuels SIE's flagship website (PlayStation.com), in turn driving player engagement and business objectives.
Whether supporting our hardware platforms, our online services, or our games, our team is responsible for ensuring we have the content that our players are looking for (and our business requires) before they come looking for it!
We are a distributed team and will require working across multiple time zones, with a focus on supporting territories for key campaigns/initiatives.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
• Actively participate and lead the creative thinking and execution of campaigns and product pages, ensuring the best customer experience
• Lead daily content creation and management on PlayStation.com, including product and campaign landing pages
• Collaborate closely with internal/external global teams to sync, plan, build and publish effective digital content in support of marketing campaigns across software, hardware and services
• Build/Manage relationships with key partners and cross-functional teams
• Update and/or maintain editorial calendar as needed
• Content lead for designated projects/initiatives – ensuring successful execution of requests, creation, and management of assets for use on PlayStation.com
• Establish best practice, workflow optimizations, and encourage adoption of new web tools/functionality among the editorial team
• Ensure our key user journeys always work as expected
• Ensure content is published to a quality level with a consistent tone of voice
• Support the needs of 36+ territory marketing teams in their BAU management of local web initiatives and timely page activations
• Operational tasks such as localization, site QA, vanity URL setup, keyword optimization
• Track and respond to performance data to ensure PlayStation's content marketing initiatives are reaching as wide an audience as possible - driving traffic and engagement (per team KPIs)
• In collaboration with the SEO manager, utilize current SEO techniques to maximize impact of content
• Identify and take advantage of new business opportunities (new platforms, content types, trends, etc.)
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience creating compelling content/experiences and digital media
• Previous management experience
• Strong writing skills with an eye for detail
• Strong project management skills
• Demonstrated creative thinking ability and digital publishing experience across the full content lifecycle – plan, write/produce, release, test, optimize, measure – in a fast iterative way
• Understanding of the gaming industry, gamer segments, competitive landscape and digital trends
• Experience with CMS (Adobe AEM preferred), web analytics (Adobe Analytics preferred) and Adobe Photoshop
• Literacy in performance data metrics, and how data can be used to deliver personalized and optimized experiences
• Experience with multi-site, multi-language, global site management
• HTML and CSS knowledge, with basic understanding of web design
• SEO proficiency
• Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Desired Skills & Attributes
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in additional language(s) is a plus
• Familiarity with tools such as JIRA/SAP/WRIKE/Slack
• International team management
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site