Los Angeles, CA
Freelance Satellite Sheet Coordinator
FOX Sports is seeking a Freelance Satellite Sheet Coordinator to join our team in Los Angeles. As our Coordinator, you be responsible for creating, maintaining and finalizing the Master Satellite Sheet for the Assignment Desk. The Master Satellite Sheet is the most critical item for the sports group. It is the daily list of events that gets recorded. This list includes but is not limited to FOX Sports game broadcast information, FOX Sports and FS1 studio shows, major sports airing on both FOX and other sports networks - including but not limited to NFL, College Football, MLB, NBA, NASCAR, NHL, Golf - and content specific to our shows.
This is a remote position with teleconferences to our Los Angeles office regularly.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for creating, maintaining and finalizing the Master Satellite Sheet for the Assignment Desk
• Complete daily sheets are compiled based on websites, schedules and emails that have to be aggregated into one central sheet where everything is clearly defined, uniform and concise; daily sheets create reports for other groups within FOX Sports. Those other reports are viewed by hundreds of people throughout the company and most of them base their workflow off of this sheet
• Grasp the complexity of managing the flow of ever-changing sports schedule information and data
• Work with other groups within FOX Sports to make sure they see the information they need within Smartsheet and that it is clearly labeled
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years of editorial experience required
• Top candidates will have strong communication skills -- both written and verbal and excellent organizational skills (the ability to prioritize projects under tight deadlines)
• Critical thinking required (to ask what is the most clear way to organize this so all groups will know what it means, getting ahead of big events to see what feeds are coming into the building, to know what sports/events are important based on current events)
• Must have strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required)
• Proven sports knowledge that lends itself to sound news judgment
NICE TO HAVE
• BS/BA in Journalism, Communications or a related degree strongly preferred
• Experience preferably in a newsroom environment
• Some knowledge of Smartsheet & transmissions strongly preferred
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site