Global Process Owner, Accounts Payable
Universal City, CA
Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting and Reporting, participates in the day-to-day operations of the Film Headquarters Controllership team, and will assist in a wide range of accounting, finance and consolidation matters for the Filmed Entertainment Segment, including supporting financial reporting obligations to NBCUniversal Corporate and external parties. The role is in a fast paced headquarters environment, interfaces with teams domestically and internationally, and has opportunities for growth.
• Key contributor to the quarter close process including posting journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, rollforwards, and investigating variances to prior periods, with oversight of a $3B global Film Cost asset balance.
• Prepare and present quarterly Balance Sheet review packet to Film's SVP Global Controller and CFO.
• Prepare data request submissions, gathering and consolidating information from various sources.
• Work with Production Finance teams to assess projects in production and development.
• Collaborate with FP&A to review amortization and analyze impact associated with changes in ultimates.
• Assist with contract review and perform accounting research.
• Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives and opportunities to build efficiencies into existing reporting routines.
• Participate in annual SOX 404 certification and audits.
• Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years of finance experience.
• CPA or on path to obtaining CPA License preferred.
• Excel skills and working knowledge of Powerpoint
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across the organization
• Inquisitive and eager to learn
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills
• Detail focused
• Able to identify issues and make recommendations for solutions
• Takes initiative
• Strong work ethic and follow through
• Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines
• Flexible and able to take on new challenges as they arise
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site