Accounts Receivable Team Lead
Specialist, HR Operations (12-month Contract)
We’ve created an exciting opportunity for a passionate and savvy HR professional to join eOne and apply their expertise in the role of HR Operations Specialist, Canada Region. Supporting a trusted industry HR team in Canada, you will deliver HR operational services with a deep focus on customer service, employee experience, operational excellence and continuous improvement. As someone who is committed to excellence, you will own and manage the front-line employee experience to enable the ‘moments that matter’ during the employee lifecycle in a dynamic and distributed workforce.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Be the front-line for employees in by providing hands-on administration and guidance for HR policies to ensure excellent employee relations and that any concerns are promptly resolved in an equitable manner.
• Support the implementation of cyclical programs such as performance review cycle tracking, merit reviews, benefit enrolment, etc
• Support the organization with transactional activities which cannot be completed by self-service facilities e.g. employee questions on benefit allowances
• Coordinate with Talent Acquisition when a new requisition / role is required to be sourced and hired
• Coordinate and facilitate new hire orientation and ensure timely completion of on-boarding and off-boarding processes including conducting exit interviews.
• Serves as systems administrator for HRIS
• Liaise with HR partners in payroll, benefits, HRIS and other functional areas to support the needs of the employees and the business units
• Work on special projects and initiatives with partners locally and across our global teams as assigned
• Letter creation for all Canadian employee changes, terminations, employment verifications, etc
• Manage day-to-day inquiries from employees to general HR inbox
• Admin support for employee recognition and wellness programs (i.e. service award, GoodLife, etc)
• Benefit administration
• Assist with planning, coordination, and development of Employee Wellbeing programs
• Minimum of 3 years of HR experience
• Undergraduate degree in a similar or related field and a HR degree or post-grad certificate is an asset.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with HRIS systems with knowledge of UltiPro a major asset
• Ability to effectively interface and form strong relationships and trust across the organization
• Ability to demonstrate diplomacy and maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Knowledge of HR related principles and best working practices and procedures
• Ability to handle multiple priorities while delivering effective results within prescribed timelines.
• Excellent ability to think proactively and anticipate business needs
• Results-oriented and works collaboratively as part of a functional team
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize managing multiple priorities at once
• Excellent interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Self-starter who can work-independently and in a team environment
What you’ll be a part of:
• Break time: winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
• Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
• Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
• The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
• Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event.
• Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
• Grow: develop your career and shape your future
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne's expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.