Line Producer, News
New York, NY
Temporary General Assignment Editor
CNN Business is hiring a temporary General Assignment Editor. We're looking for an enterprising, engaged and organized editor who loves making good reporters better.
• The ideal candidate will get energized by stories about technology, media, consumer, transportation, markets and disruption in business.
• The candidate should be able to quickly assign and edit breaking news stories and help reporters uncover key trends for sharp analysis stories.
• They should feel equally passionate about breaking news and about enterprise and long-form stories.
• The candidate should be skeptical, but not cynical -- genuinely excited by the changes and disruptions occurring in industry, but also ready to take a critical look at them.
• A deep knowledge of the industry and experience covering it is a plus.
• At least 4 years of writing or editing experience
• 2 years of management experience, or a strong sense of how editors should manage
• A passion for journalism and great writing and an unwavering dedication to accuracy
• Great organization, communication and interpersonal skills
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site