Sales Planner, Linear
Walt Disney Company Media Networks
The Manager of Business Development is responsible for driving and supporting business development partnerships on behalf of ABC's Owned Television Stations, with the goal of extending OTV's audience reach, supporting innovation, and driving new revenue streams. This role will be responsible for communicating and implementing new deals, researching and pursuing new deals aligned with strategic priorities, and maintaining relationships with strategic partners. The role, which lives within the Disney Media Distribution team at the division level and works closely with OTV's Content and Partner Innovation
team will support multiplatform initiatives across all types of local content, with a special focus on digital and emerging platforms.
• Assess and pursue new business development partnerships on behalf of OTV, in close collaboration with ABC News, 538, and Good Morning America
• Monitor industry trends and emerging partnership opportunities
• Research potential partnerships with organizations and companies across media, technology, nonprofit, academic and more
• Model potential financial upside around new deals
• Network and proactively seek out relationships
• Align with other internal BD teams to leverage existing relationships
• Negotiate and draft deal terms, working hand in hand with legal
• Oversee the implementation and execution of business development deals
• Communicate and coordinate with key stakeholders across sales, editorial and product
• Track performance of partnerships against audience and revenue targets
• Manage relationships with existing partners
• Ongoing optimization and tracking of partner performance
• Key point of contact for partners with key stakeholders
• Comprehensive understanding of the digital media industry and broadcast television
• Interest in and awareness of local news space and/or media industry trends
• Highly organized, action-oriented and collaborative
• Strong leader who can champion projects across groups and build strong relationships with other team members
• Self-starter, ambitious and motivated with a strong work ethic
• Critical thinking and analytic skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
• Collaborative spirit, able to work across a matrixed and cross-functional environment
• Proficient in MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Experience executing deals for major media, tech, or content companies, or other significant digital media properties.
• Skilled at structuring and negotiating complex agreements.
• Existing relationships in the media industry
• Thorough understanding of network TV, studio, and digital content and licensing business.
• Creative problem solver with ability to combine ideas from multiple industries to digital media.
• Interest in and passion for the future of local news and information
• Bachelors Degree
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.