San Diego, CA
Senior Foley Artist
A creative and experienced Foley artist who has a proven track record of creating original, high quality Foley for film, video games or television. You are interested in delivering amazing Foley for major AAA projects alongside our development partners at studios such as Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Insomniac Games, Guerrilla Games, Sucker Punch Productions and more…
As it turns out:
We are looking for a Foley Artist to join our award-winning team to craft high quality audio content for 1st and 2nd party product development projects. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most quality-driven developers in the industry and on some of the most exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
Foley Stage Management: Working with our internal sound team and development partners, you will manage our internal world-class Foley stage at our San Diego Sorrento Valley campus, and oversee all scheduling and production efforts involving Foley for our various projects.
Foley Performance: You will drive the Foley effort across our portfolio of projects, performing detailed creative and quality-driven Foley for cinematic linear and in game nonlinear content. You will collaborate with our development partners to establish creative and conceptual direction, as well as final deliverables.
Implementation: You have a solid understanding of how Foley is integrated into games, and seek to bring new and emerging techniques to our projects in order to continue raising our overall audio quality bar.
Process & Planning: You will schedule and manage Foley for multiple AAA titles in development. You will be the primary contact, forming positive relationships with development partners and serving as the main point of contact for all things related to Foley planning, performance, recording and delivery. You will assist in goal planning, task estimation and scheduling as well as creating and maintaining asset lists for the projects. Working closely with our development partners and internal sound team, you will be relied on to help identify asset needs.
Recording/Audio Acquisition: You will manage planning for all Foley recording sessions, while demonstrating a high level of competency in editing, mastering and asset management. You will also mentor junior team members in techniques and performance and partner across teams to deliver high quality assets and ensure dedicated support for Foley library management. Collaboration will also be central with our Engineering staff to make sure that the recording pipeline is agile, dynamic and always cutting edge for the best results.
• Minimum 5 years' experience.
• Minimum three released AAA or film/television projects in Senior/Lead Foley Artist role.
• Minimum one development cycle or feature managing, coaching, and mentoring sound designers.
• Strong executive communication and presentation skills.
• Proven leadership skills and capabilities.
• Fluent in interactive audio and post-production techniques.
• Multi-specialized, able to create world class audio content spanning across multiple aesthetics.
• Imaginative use of audio production tools, Foley performance and capture, props, and recording techniques to create high quality original content.
• Familiar with authoring techniques within commercial middleware (WWISE, FMOD, etc…).
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site