The Multimedia Journalist Reporter produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• WRBL -TV/wrbl.com (Columbus, Georgia) seeks a Multimedia Journalist to create and present news content for our local digital and social media platforms.
The Digital Multimedia Journalist should be passionate about local news, innovative, focused on the mobile user, confident on camera, and full of creativity and initiative. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting journalist that is well-versed in video journalism, web content creation, and publishing using an ever-evolving set of multimedia tools and platforms. This position will write articles and gather and present live and recorded video segments, online, on mobile, and on social media. These segments will be original stories that break news, dig deeper into details of breaking stories, and uncover and discover enterprise topics. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of how to effectively use social media to deliver original content to viewers and market to cross-platform audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Multimedia Journalist (Digital) produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news content for all platforms (primarily digital and social distribution channels) in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers.
• Develop strong sources and solidify presence on all key beats
• Enterprise unique, impactful, and on-brand stories
• Pitch and execute multiple stories daily which are relevant to the local community
• Take the lead on breaking news from their primary areas of focused coverage
• Produce strong copy with correct grammar, punctuation, editorial style, and formatting to meet the requirements of each digital and social distribution platform
• Produce video and audio content of varying formats to meet the requirements of each digital and social distribution platform
• Update and maintain online & social media presence to connect and converse with audience and generate story leads and content
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity, timeliness, and production quality
• Communication clearly, directly, and regularly with news teammates and other station departments
• Write in-depth and sometimes investigative stories on relevant topics
• Serve as an ambassador to the community by representing the station at community events and by participating in local civic groups and activities
• Other duties as assigned
• Requirements & Skills:
• Strong news writing and editing skills
• Attention to journalistic integrity and best practices
• Proficiency in web content management systems
• Ability to create visually rich content such on various platforms
• Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and quality
• Some proficiency and working knowledge of multimedia/video tools and applications and basic Internet technologies such as HTML, RSS, FTP is beneficial
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record required and must be maintained
• Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Multimedia Journalist (Digital) must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the successful applicant must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply Online using the job link below.
Make sure your resume and/or other submissions include active links to your most recent video resume reels.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site