Compositing Supervisor (TV)
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Compositing Supervisor (TV) participates in the supervision and direction of a variety of administrative and personnel decisions, responsibilities, and tasks related to the staff and activities of the Compositing group in addition to assuming show/project responsibilities. This position serves as the role model and mentor for the Compositing department, with the goal of fostering a team environment.
• Participates in the supervision and direction of a variety of administrative and personnel decisions and responsibilities including: recruitment, determination of work procedures and priorities, career development, employee morale, performance reviews and conflict resolution.
• Participates in the creation and submission of job bids.
• Assists the department manager with the employee review process and the scheduling of personnel on shows, providing input on skills, productivity, and career development.
• Responsible for honest, timely feedback to Compositing crew members.
• Acts as a point person between Production and Compositing crews, providing timely, clear communication.
• Assemble crew for production, assess individuals skills and delegate work appropriately.
• Responsible for problem solving and communicating issues organizationally, logistically and technically.
• Attends show “post mortem” meetings, designing and implementing streamlined processes where applicable.
• Assumes Compositing project/show responsibilities as required.
• Composite feature effects shots utilizing ILM proprietary software.
• Take a lead roll in effect design to take advantage of software capabilities.
• Consult with Effects Supervisors to ensure their understanding of the compositing system.
• Supervise and train less experienced compositing artist.
• Responsible for fostering a team environment.
• Responsible for all aspects of 2D compositing.
• Assesses work for a shot and is responsible for its completion.
• Coordinates and combines work of Roto Artists, Matte Painters and 3D Technical Directors.
• Is able to perform all tasks necessary to complete a shot; including matte extraction, painting, roto, 2D motion, compositing and use of ancillary 2 1/2 D programs.
Education / Experience
• At least 5 years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least 8 years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
• Proven Track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres.
• Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television
• Knowledge of matte extraction, painting, roto, 2D motion, compositing and use of ancillary 2 ½ D programs.
• Working knowledge of Unix and shell scripting
• Artistic Ability
• Understanding of photography, composition, lighting, color and motion
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site