Development Lead - Pipeline
Sydney, NSW AU
Look Dev (Surfacing) Artist
Are you an experienced Look Development Artist, interested in working on a new Netflix animated film? Animal Logic has an exciting animation project, and we need artists with the passion, vision and technical ability to give our characters and environment life. Is that you?
What you'll get to do:
• Interpret 2D designs, reference material and artistic direction and translate them into 3D textures and surfaces while maintaining the original artistic intent.
• Help establish and maintain a consistent look for the project.
• Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work is produced to an appropriate standard of quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline.
• Maintain good communication with the Surfacing Lead.
What you bring:
• A passion and an eye for making beautiful looking CG objects, environments and creatures.
• 5 years' experience working on high quality shading, surfacing and texturing.
• 3+ years' experience in high end feature film/television animation and/or VFX projects.
• Production experience in a modern ray-tracing software package.
• A high level of proficiency with Mud Box and/or Mari.
• An interest and ability in lighting.
• Good understanding of industry standards, conventions, and formats to enable successful completion of work.
• Proven technical and visual skills with an understanding of art and design within an animation environment.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to abstract and interpret design down to its fundamentals.
• Strong organisational and time management skills.
• Extensive knowledge of shader creation and implementation will be considered a bonus, as will experience using Houdini.
What you'll need to include on your application:
• A showreel including examples of stylized and photo-realistic work, with reference plates and materials, turntables, and UV layouts.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site