Senior Security Operations Engineer
San Diego, CA US
Senior Character TD
San Diego, CA
Sony PlayStation's Visual Arts Services Group (VASG) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry's best minds and companies. This is your opportunity to work closely with game and film industry professionals from all over the world and under one roof!
We are looking for an experienced Character Technical Director to join our sunny San Diego, California development team. This role requires strong Maya rigging/setup skills as well as understanding of anatomy and realistic deformation to deliver consistent results that are done efficiently, timely, meeting the technical/animation requirements, and most importantly maintaining the industry-leading quality PlayStation's award-winning first party lineup is known for.
• Set up and maintain character (humans and animals) rigs.
• Work with art team to generate models that meet deformation requirements.
• Work with animation team to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation and gameplay needs.
• Set up character dynamics (i.e. cloth, hair).
• Create and support rigging/animation tools as needed.
• Provide and maintain technical documentation.
Required Experience and Skills
• Strong knowledge of Maya, with minimum of 4 years of production experience in game or film/vfx fields.
• Understanding of character/prop rigging techniques and principles.
• Familiarity with figure and facial anatomy.
• Experience in adopting production pipelines and following guidelines and system requirements.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find pragmatic solutions.
• Python and Maya scripting proficiency.
• Proven ability to be self-sufficient and be proactive in preventing/solving production issues.
• Effective communication skills.
Maya API (Python and/or C++)
Familiarity in runtime performance efficiency and optimization
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site