Capitol Music Group
Hollywood, CA US
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
The ideal candidate will possess strong administrative and organizational skills, placing an emphasis on being detail-oriented and methodical/precise with all work that is delivered. Prior marketing and administrative experience in the music/entertainment field preferred. Candidate must be a team player, accommodating, patient, consistent and have an innate passion for the music/entertainment industries and strong interest in International Marketing. The International Marketing Coordinator reports directly to the International Marketing VP and Senior Marketing Director and interacts on a daily basis with all members of the Marketing Team.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Book all international travel on behalf of product managers, artist management and artists
• Assist in organization of artist promotional trips/schedules, routing the logistics of travel including the hotels, flights and train coordination
• Calendar management and partnering with other assistants as needed
• Assist in management of artist budgets, artist invoices and tour support letters
• Manage marketing assets and distribute to internal partners and international affiliates as needed
• Manage the submission of invoices, vendor set-up, interdepartmental transfers with UMG finance team
• Encouraged to suggest new procedures to facilitate more efficient operations of the department
• Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system; create physical and electronic files; search and retrieve files on an ongoing basis
• Other tasks and projects as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• 1-3 years of Marketing and/or Administrative experience in the music/entertainment business
• Strong Administrative and organizational skills. Extremely detail-oriented and analytical
• Strong Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Emphasis on being methodical & precise to ensure accuracy of work.
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment and under pressure/time constraints
• Ability to work well with others, remaining even-tempered, patient and accommodating
• Ability to keep information highly confidential
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Business Economics, preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.