Ediorial Assistant, Atria Books
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY US
Simon & Schuster is seeking an Assistant Manager within Subrights to negotiate licenses for first serial, book club, large print, and international rights licenses for select titles from the Gallery/Pocket imprint.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Submiting proposals, manuscripts, galleys, and books with pitch letters to potential buyers.
• Providing licensees and potential licensees with marketing information, reviews, print information, advance quotes, sales figures, etc., as well as final-stage materials from which to print.
• Meeting with potential buyers to go over sub rights lists and future titles for potential sales.
• Responding to acquisition questions from editorial colleagues and supply comments on saleability of proposed projects.
• Overseeing timely flow of contracts; follow up on past due monies and overdue contracts.
• Researching royalty, sales and contract information for titles up for renewal/reversion/termination and negotiate renewals.
• Coordinating supply of production materials to licensee publishers
Previous experience in book publishing highly preferred.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site