2D Background Designer
Burbank, CA US
BACKGROUND PAINTER (UNTITLED STAR TREK SERIES)
Overview and Responsibilities
• Art Director or Executive Producer (creative)
• Line Producer (administrative)
• Paints backgrounds, layouts and any other background-related art that the production may require, ensuring style and quality of show is met.
• Meet with creative supervisor(s) to ensure color needs of show are fulfilled.
• Follow instructions of supervisor.
• Complete all color work within assigned deadlines.
• Resolve color problems with creative supervisors.
• Ensure all deadlines are met.
• Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff.
• Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and stored appropriately.
• Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time.
• Be available for questions until your department's shipment is complete.
• Review storyboard for background key color callouts.
• Additional Responsibilities:
• Assist with special projects.
• Fulfill other color projects, including but not limited to color lead sheets, color script and/or color pass on storyboards.
• If applicable, scan backgrounds and adjust digitally as necessary.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
• Strong knowledge of color theory and lighting.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable color software and hardware.
• Strong time-management skills.
• Work well under pressure.
• Ability to multitask a plus.
• Some digital color experience desired.
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience highly desired.
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site