Full Time Job
News Producer / Anchor
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The Rockford Region is just a stone's throw from Chicago, settled along the banks of the Rock River and the serene rolling green hills of Northern Illinois. We have all the amenities of a Big City, but with a Small-Town easy feel.
Looking for stuff to do? Well we got tons. Check it out right here: things to do.
From our Downtown City Market to Food Truck Tuesday, it's pretty tough to beat Rockford for unique eating venues and top-notch local restaurants.
We're a welcoming community, a great place to live life with plenty of room to grow. And without all the hassles of big city congestion. Welcome to the real heart of America, the Rockford Region.
Our brand is Your Home Team. And we live it every day with the most tenured news team, Eyewitness News!
We offer more news and locally produced programming than any other station in the market as well as unmatched digital delivery on https://www.mystateline.com/.
• WTVO/WQRF is searching for a Producer/Anchor. The ideal candidate will produce the 5pm on ABC and produce/co-anchor an hour-long 9pm newscast on Fox. This person will serve as a primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes/delivers news stories in a clear/concise manner
• Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating news programming and other content
• Acts as a field reporter as assigned
• Conducts interviews for stories
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required
• Participates in promotional activities, including public appearances
• Edits video clips as assigned
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Minimum two years of experience in news reporting/anchoring
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Superior on-air presence
• Excellent news judgement with knowledge of local/national current events and issues
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
• Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Producer/Anchor must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Producer/Anchor must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Nexstar Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer
NexstarNexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site