Senior Editor, Race, Equality & Justice
New York, NY US
We're looking for an experienced reporter/editor to help build a reading habit for superfans of MSNBC. You will work closely with a senior editor and deputy editor as part of a team to produce content that drives the conversation and attracts new audiences. You will have excellent judgment, a deep understanding of journalistic standards and a track record that proves you can hew to the standards of NBC News.
You will have superb writing and editing skills, a proven track record of success in a fast-tempo newsroom.
What you will do:
• Write and edit content created for MSNBC digital
• Work closely with a senior editor, deputy editor and others to build this daily reading habit.
• Contribute to the MSNBC Daily newsletter
• Work with MSNBC digital video team to reflect that best of MSNBC on air on digital platforms
• Liaise with NBC News & MSNBC art director, social, platforms and product teams
• Make full use of the range of NBC News resources including news gathering, multimedia and broadcast journalists
• Establish and meet NBC News' rigorous Standards and Legal guidelines
• Ensure the tone and mix of content is in line with MSNBC cable
• Read widely and stay abreast of the competition
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years work in a newsroom environment, including
experience with breaking news
• 2+ years working in a strictly digital shop
• Must have demonstrated experience with assigning,
writing and editing stories
• Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding,
• Must be a skilled editor with outstanding communication
• Must be professional, nimble and successful working
across newsroom teams, platforms and with partners
• Ideally based in New York City or Washington, D.C.
• Willingness to work early morning hours
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site