Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
WTOG-TV, a VIACOMCBS-owned station, is looking for an experienced Multi-Media Journalist (MMJ) to join our team. We want someone who fights for the lead story, brings ideas to the table daily, cultivates sources, owns social media and is passionate about local news. Candidates must have strong, creative storytelling skills and an energetic delivery.
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis.
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency, be able to follow story and update as needed on all CW44 social media platforms. Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites.
• Pitch vetted stories reflective of the community.
• Shoot, write and edit packages for daily newscasts.
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community.
• Recap content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites after stories run.
• Work daily with Creative Services promotion and digital teams as news liaison to help assist station promotions.
• Work daily with other team MMJ to establish coverage of today's stories.
• Create a daily on cam :10 promo (if required) for daily topical promos.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to shoot and edit broadcast quality video for television newscast and digital platforms
• Must be proficient in Premiere Pro
• Must have knowledge of Broadcast ENG cameras, lighting, audio and LiveU
• Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
• Must have very strong social media skills and be able to contribute on all platforms
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends
• Must be a team player and able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
• College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience
• Minimum 4 years' MMJ/television reporting experience preferred
• Please provide a link to examples of Broadcast or Digital video work
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site