Junior VFX Generalist
Generalist Supervisor (TV)
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Generalist Supervisor (TV) oversees the day-to-day operations of their show team, ensuring that all the work is created according to the approved designs and visual style. They themselves have a high level of skill in creating photo-real environments and landscapes.
What you’ll do
• Create beautiful original work quickly using live action footage, digital still photography, rendered computer graphic elements, and digital paint in a variety of software packages.
• Interpret and implement feedback with little-to-no supervisor direction.
• Supervise your Generalist team (internally and globally) to deliver the expected and desired work for the show on time.
• Review the work of each artist on a regular basis, approving shots and elements for submission to the director. Mentor and support Apprentice and Jr. Artists and assist them with their shots
• Work with your sequence Lead to test out tools and techniques before rolling out to artists.
• Attend bidding sessions with Production and provide precise and accurate bids
• Actively participate in the recruiting and staffing of the Generalist team
• Collaborate with Talent management to guide artists’ overall professional development, providing performance feedback, mentoring and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew
What we’re looking for
• At least 5 years of relevant professional VFX experience and a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography; OR
• At least 7 years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
• Proven Track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres.
• Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television
• Proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, matte painting, or compositing
• Excellent communication and team-orientated thinking.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new software.
• Fluent in some or all of these software packages: Photoshop, 3dsmax, Maya, Houdini, a ray trace renderer and 2d compositing software. Comparable software experience considered
• Good working knowledge of specialist tools and plugins like Multiscatter, Speedtree, etc.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site