Wilmslow, United Kingdom
At Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., we are looking for a highly motivated Level Designer to join our team working on the award-winning, smash hit mobile game, Golf Clash. You will be joining an experienced, multi-disciplined team working toward regular content releases with immovable deadlines, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
As a Level Designer, you would be expected to work with both the Design and Art team to create new Golf Clash courses from concept through to completion. You must be able to demonstrate previous experience in designing interesting and engaging levels and be able to show your process for making sure they are balanced, challenging and fun. Ideally, you will also have experience working on and creating levels for competitive games.
This role demands a keen eye for detail and an excellent understanding of what is involved in designing high-quality levels. The applicant must develop intimate knowledge of the game and all existing courses. It requires the technical design skills to implement, iterate and playtest whilst also maintaining an objective and open mind to feedback.
Examples of relevant core skills & experience that will help you get this role:
• A strong portfolio or examples of work that clearly demonstrates your ability to think about and design parts or the whole of a game; level designs, characters, maps, systems, mechanics, control methods etc.
• Some experience with either 3D Studio Max, Maya or Blender or other 3D software, and a familiarity with using and working with 3D game Engines.
• Great written / verbal communication skills. The ability to convey your ideas and designs clearly and specifically is imperative.
• A strong interest in multiplayer games, e-Sport, sports video games and/or real-world sports.
• A knowledge/interest in the sport of golf is an advantage, but not essential (and you don't have to play)
Other things that will help to have:
• Keen interest in mobile games, with an understanding of the free-to-play genre.
• Experience of working on a team operating a free-to-play game (mobile or otherwise).
• Educated to degree level in a game design related subject, or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of the game development process and lifecycle.
• Strong technical skills and knowledge of game development tools.
• Experience of working on a live game, managing an active userbase and live operations.
• An appetite for learning and a desire to continually improve your design skills.
• An eye for efficiency to improve workflow in the level-design process.
• Passionate Gamer.
Playdemic wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
What we can offer you
At Playdemic, we know that the only way to make world-class games is by hiring the most talented people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. We have recently moved into a brand new, purpose-built office space, which balances ambitious design, brilliant workspaces with generous and indulgent breakout areas for co-working, socialising and meetings. Here some of the amazing features we've added to this space:
• Amazing looking, flexible, open plan workspaces
• Interesting and varied meeting spaces
• Height adjustable desks throughout
• State of the art entertainment systems for people to socialise with at lunch or after work
• One of the fanciest coffee machines you've ever seen, delivering awesome, barista-style beverages
• We've even installed a beer tap!
On top of a very competitive salary, we also offer some of the following amazing benefits:
• Being part of the Warner Bros. family – one of the world's largest media companies
• Regular health, wellbeing and social events
• Comprehensive Bonus Package
• Generous Company Pension
• Life Assurance
• Discounts on products