The Newscast Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
• Supervises and assigns duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of programs
• Observes pictures through monitors and directs camera/video staff concerning composition
• Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments
• Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast
• Trains production technicians on proper operations and procedures during live broadcasts
• Switches video sources and gives direction at the same time during live broadcasts
• Tests equipment to ensure proper operation
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Minimum two years' experience directing / manually technical directing, live and pre-produced television newscasts as well as automation executed newscasts required. (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with broadcast control equipment.
• Hands-on understanding of Sony 7000, 3M/E switcher or similar systems, knowledge of Chyron, BitCentral and Avid iNews is preferred. Knowledge of system automation is a plus.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, handle multiple tasks and quick changing newscasts with a broad range of segments (i.e. in studio guests, entertainment groups, multiple live shots, etc.) in a fast-paced environment
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
Candidates should include a video link of a self-directed and technical directed work sample of a live broadcast. The reel should be unedited and contain: (1) Director audio track and (1) Show audio mix.
News Production Schedules
Must be willing to adjust hours to meet the fluctuating demands of a news team in a competitive market. This includes weekends, holidays and special events.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site