Coordinator, Production Finance
Tokyo, JP JP
The Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for an Associate to join its Japan team in Tokyo. Content Strategy & Analysis is the team in charge of the valuation and analytical strategy behind our content buying and original content decisions, both for Anime and Japanese Live Action. The team works cross-functionally to translate the incredible amount of data at Netflix into financial decisions regarding the production and acquisition of shows and films. Content Strategy & Analysis also evaluates the general programming and content strategy, in addition to leading competitive analysis. We partner closely with the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the strategic insights we provide to inform critical business decisions across the company.
This person will have a high degree of visibility with senior management which uses the team's analysis and insights to inform important business decisions, such as the management of our Japanese content investment model.
This role will reside in Netflix's Tokyo office and involves close coordination with members of the CS&A team in both Asia and the US. You will report to the Senior Manager, Content Strategy & Analysis for Japan, based in Tokyo.
• Lead deal analysis and valuation of new projects in partnership with the Creative, Business Affairs and Content Acquisition teams.
• Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators.
• Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities.
• Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders.
• Compiling thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement.
• Working cross-functionally with other CS&A teams globally as well as Product, Marketing, Consumer Insights, and Data Science team.
• 2-5 years of experience in a top management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund, and/or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/analytical role. We are looking for candidates that have worked in a highly-demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed.
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be a strong, effective communicator with experience presenting complex analyses to executives/ senior management
• He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, and flexible.
• Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages.
• Passion and familiarity with Japanese content and entertainment is a strong plus
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation. MBA a plus but not required.
• English language fluency is mandatory, Japanese fluency is a strong plus
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site