Los Angeles, CA US
We need you to bring your vision and passion to a team dedicated to re-imagining music through immersive media. The Technical Artist will play a key role in establishing technical art pipelines, tools and strategies for immersive music experiences.
• Create and manage technical art pipelines, tools, and strategies for immersive music experiences.
• Conceive and implement new methods for optimizing and delivering best-in-class visual quality for immersive content creation.
• Provide clear guidance on technical performance constraints and help define asset budgets.
• Clearly communicate and document art production pipelines.
• Create and maintain technical art documentation.
• Create and maintain custom shaders and assets.
• Provide guidelines to maintain best practices and strong asset organization.
• Research and analyze industry tools and techniques that enable the most efficient development of real-time interactive experiences.
• Evaluate and assess external art vendors.
• Agile methodology with an open mind and ability to adapt quickly.
• Collaborate closely with content and engineering teams, with a willingness to adapt, troubleshoot and incorporate feedback as needed.
• 5+ years of professional technical game art experience.
• Minimum 2 shipped AAA game titles.
• Experience in workflow, tools and scripting to create cost efficient systems for scalable asset creation (eg Python /MEL/Photoshop/ Pipeline Tools, Shaders and LUA).
• Expert knowledge of 2D and 3D software such as Photoshop, Maya, ZBrush, 3DS Max and Blender.
• Expert understanding in creating and maintaining art asset pipelines and tools.
• Advanced generalist skills and experience in character creation, procedural environment generation, and VFX.
• Strong artistic and aesthetic skills, principles and POV.
• Virtual reality experience and frame rate optimization expertise.
• Advanced to expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4, Blueprint system and text-based scripting languages. C++ a plus.
• Expert understanding of balancing performance optimization with artistic intent.
• Passion for building fun, intuitive and interactive environments.
• Excellent written, verbal and team communication skills.
• Strong project management and time management skills.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site