San Mateo, CA US
Staff Network Software Engineer, Developer Technology
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Do you love games? Do you want to be part of the development of a wide range of PlayStation(R) applications and work directly with industry veterans to build great game experiences? If you would like to use your experience to drive the game development industry and make an impact on games, we want to talk to you.
We seek a Network Software Engineer to support industry-leading developers on a broad range of network-related issues, from low-level network feature implementation to using PlayStation™Network services to produce high-quality game experiences. This individual will support the game development community. Here, you will become a SME in PlayStation™Network technologies to help developers build rich game experiences on our platforms. You will provide unique technical solutions through multiple support channels. Additionally, you will develop documentation, presentations, training materials and running projects to communicate technology solutions.
• Provide top-quality support for licensed partners by working to understand their needs and developing unique technical solutions.
• Work with internal teams to guide feature design to address developer needs through technology solutions and system improvements.
• Advance and champion developer's technical needs with SDK and platform engineering teams.
• Coordinate support efforts with other support groups and improve support outcomes across regions and across domains of expertise.
• Drive PlayStation(R) technology initiatives and adoption by working directly with partners, coordinating with internal groups, documenting, and providing training to the PlayStation(R) development community.
• Craft and develop software and other projects to assist developers and internal groups with creating industry leading gaming experiences.
• Games industry experience.
• Programming in C/C++.
• Experience with PlayStation™Network features such as trophies, game services, commerce, and digital rights management.
• Prior exposure to multiplayer game architectures.
• Network and cloud infrastructures.
• Understand multiplayer trends in the gaming industry.
• Effective written and verbal communication of technologies, algorithms, procedures and processes.
• Network-related tools such as Wireshark, Postman, or Fiddler.
• Shipped at least one PlayStation(R) title on a recent generation console (PS4, PS3, PS Vita).
• Prior work with the SIE Developer Technology Group, via SIE DevNet.
• Lectures and presentations to audiences of 200 or more.
• Network security models.
• Low-level network architecture and protocols.
• Programming experience on Windows and C#, including Python or other high-level/scripting languages.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site