TV News Editor
Green Bay, WI US
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
As the first person to get real-time news out to our community a DCP's deadline is always immediate. A DCP's primary responsibility is to write shareable locally focused stories for our website while also promoting those stories through our many digital platforms.
This is not an on-air position; however, opportunities may arise for visual presence on social media.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write daily web stories (Avg. 10-15 stories/day)
• Seek out/pitch digital exclusive web stories
• Work with producers and reporters on adding video to web stories
• Push important stories on mobile apps
• Review stories written by others and correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation
• Regularly monitor analytic tools for trending stories
• Generate meaningful audience engagement on social media without baiting
• Maintain and develop new digital content ideas for the web and social media, while keeping overall website updated and current
• Superb journalistic writing skills with a high proficiency in social media. Many daily responsibilities can be learned, but writing proficiency is a must
• Ability to balance a fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure, work environment with accurate, visual, in-depth, digital news coverage. Must be comfortable with cold calling to develop stories
• Highly detail-oriented with an instinct for newsroom judgement
• Must have a 'flexible' work ethic. News, especially digital news, changes without notice. The ideal candidate must be able to drop everything and change focus at the drop of a dime.
• Must be digital savvy with respect to website content and all social media platforms. Must be self-starting in seeking out and understanding new research and new digital applications.
• Detail oriented. Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
• Ability to develop strong news judgment, must possess journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Video editing experience is a plus
Education/Experience: Achieved or pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress, high energy environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
Note: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site